A lot of people want to know how hiring a pet sitter compares to boarding your animal in a kennel. Specifically, many people believe hiring a professional pet sitter is more expensive than a dog kennel or pet boarding, but that is often not the case at all – especially if you have more than one pet. Plus, with a professional pet sitter, you’ll get so much more value for your money! Below is a comparison of what you get with a professional pet sitting company like Cuddles on Call versus a kennel.
- Some of the cheaper kennels are priced similarly. But don’t be fooled, this price generally doesn’t include walks, playtime, or one-on-one attention. It often only includes a few potty breaks outside a day.
- You can add extra services like walks, playtime, attention, etc. but they will charge you extra fees and you could easily end up paying twice as much per day and that only includes one dog. Add in a second or third dog and you are looking to pay a LOT more.
- Of course there are nicer kennels in which your dog will get all the amenities of home, but they are EXPENSIVE! In these upgraded kennels, you can pay upwards of $60-$80/night, and (don’t forget) that’s just for one dog. Add in a couple more dogs, and you are paying a small fortune! Why not just let them stay in their ACTUAL homes (instead of a kennel made to look like one) and pay a lot less?
- Drop-off and pick-up from kennels can also be very inconvenient. They only allow pick up or drop off certain times of the day and you may have to rearrange your schedule around theirs for them to accommodate you.
- Additionally, many kennels are closed on Sunday, so if you get back from your trip on Sunday, you won’t be able to pick your pet up. They will have to stay an extra night until you can pick them up on Monday (which will cost even more!).
- Plus, pets face stressful conditions in kennels like loud barking, cramped and unfamiliar spaces, aggression from other dogs, different food, and a change in routine.
- These high-stress conditions reduce their immunity to fight off illnesses and they may become sick from exposure to various kennel-borne diseases.
- Also, many animals won’t even eat in kennels when they are under that amount of stress. And the ones that do eat often develop an upset stomach with bouts of diarrhea because of the sudden change in diet.
Cuddles on Call Pet Sitting:
- With in-home pet sitting, your pet will stay comfortable in their own home surrounded by familiar sights and sounds. This means less stress on your pets which means less stress on you!
- Dogs get long walks and plenty of outside time. Plus, they can sleep in their own bed and play with their favorite toys.
- Your pets will get an abundance of one-on-one personalized attention, brushing, and love. And we will always take time to visit with and talk sweetly to your shy or insecure pets who benefit most from staying home where they feel most safe and secure.
- And let’s not forget about cats! They hate the kennel as much as or more than dogs. They are much happier in the peace and quiet of their home with their favorite scratching posts and napping spots.
- We will cater to your pets special dietary needs and schedule which will mean no disruption in their eating habits or upset stomach.
- And there will be no risk of your pet falling ill from exposure to various diseases in the kennel.
- With us, you will have constant access to your pet sitter. You can call us anytime if you need an update, or if you would like us to make an extra trip to check on your pet for any reason at any time.
- You will get detailed daily updates from your sitter along with photos or videos of your pets so you can know how they are doing while you are away. This means peace of mind for you so you can enjoy your vacation!
- Plus we will care for both your pets AND your home. We will bring in your mail, newspapers, and packages, water your plants, and make your home look lived in to deter criminals.
- There’s no inconvenient, out-of-the-way car rides to the kennel and no hassle trying to make pick-up and drop-off times to avoid extra charges. Just come home as usual, and your healthy, happy pet will be there to greet you!
In conclusion, it’s a no-brainer! It’s cheaper and easier on your pets to stay at home with Cuddles on Call. And let’s face it, no matter how fluffy the bed is or how nice the flat screen TV, the kennel is no vacation for your pets. They would rather be at home!